Monday, July 13, 2009

So sad this week...


When we started to walk Lia as a puppy we'd meet our neighbours with their dog Murray, he's a HUGE American Akita. Over time we all became the best of friends and we totally fell in love with Murray - as did Lia. Over a year ago we began to leave them together while we were at work and they would play away. But last Sunday Murray bit a little girl, she's going to be fine but poor Shane and Elaine had no choice but to put Murray to sleep, I know it was the hardest decision they have ever had to make and I respect how they dealt with it as a couple. He wasn't a bad dog, but he was nervous and he didn't give any warning. We will all miss him so much but none more than Lia.
My heart is broken every morning as she looks at me and realises I'm not going to bring her to her buddies house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment