Friday, August 14, 2009

I have always loved dolls...





I've had my baby-doll for some 27 years now. She has payed a few visits to the dolls hospital in that time. I only came across these Blythe dolls a few years ago, aren't they amazing.

Blythe was created in 1972 by designer Allison Katzman and was sold in the US for one year only due to a lack of interest.  

In 1997, New York TV and video producer Gina Garan was given a 1972 Kenner Blythe by a friend and began using it to practice her photographic skills. She began taking her Blythe everywhere with her and took hundreds of photos. In 2002, Gina published her first book of Blythe photography with Chronicle Books, This is Blythe

Many people have emulated Gina and create outfits and photos of their own. (I have gathered these images over time and I'm not sure who to credit - sorry)


1 comment:

  1. Oh aren't those cute. The brunette with the lil deer is adorable.

    ReplyDelete